Please see below the latest minutes from our meetings
Minutes of LDC Committee Meeting at RNLI College Poole
13 NOVEMBER 2018 AT 1950
- Apologies – Sarah Jackson David Tehrani, Sara Banuri. No apologies received from — Saranya Sathyamurthy, M Shahi, Reg Yeow
- Chairman welcomed the Committee and three observers he also welcomed Verna Eastrby-Smith in her role as Wessex Area Dental Officer. She addressed the meeting at length detailing several relevant items including orthodontics, new contracts, financial considerations, electronic referral system, administration in general and the different services provided. She answered several questions and seem to take on board a number of pertinent comments. Chairman Kevin thanked her for her contribution to the Meeting which took over an hour. She then left and after a short break the Meeting continued.
- Minutes of the last meeting approved and signed. No matters arising.
- Recent Area Team Meetings:– Jan Mamek reported briefly on his recent attendance at a relevant meeting. Other meeting matters were generally covered under of Verna’s address. The Joint Meetings with Hampshire and the Isle of Wight LDC are to continue.
- Jonathan reported briefly on the recent GD PC meeting mentioning that the government were keen of the new contract. The Pension system is being changed hopefully for the better! He mentioned one or two other relevant items.
- PASS Scheme– Sarah Jackson was absent but had nothing to report.
- Treasurer Nick Copp reported that we had a healthy balance at this time £149,700. The Pass Scheme was in a buoyant situation.
- Reports from other meetings. Non—-not previously dealt with.
- Any other business.– John Cobley mentioned “Borders” to LDN with reference to GA for children and IFR. It was suggested this goes to an Area Team Agenda. Jonathan mentioned UDA rate.
Jonathan proposed and Jan seconded that Paul Gaisford be co-opted onto the Committee. This was approved and the Clerk is to so inform him. The Clark reminded Members that he will be sending out Claim Forms for expenses in a few weeks.
Meeting closed at 2135 hours. Certificates of CPD Attendance were distributed and hospitality at the Bar followed.
Next meeting dates for 2019 to be arranged by the Clark.