We have completed our urgent care pathway over the last few days and our COVID POSITIVE and COVID NEGATIVE clinics will be confirmed early next week.
Contract Manager- Dental Services (Cornwall, IOS, Devon, Bristol, N Somerset, Somerset and South Gloucestershire)
NHS England, NHS Improvements SW.
Further details have been provided by Simon Ellis, Restorative Consultant:
1. NHS England aim to ratify a dental emergency algorithm this afternoon.
2. Emergencies will go via an NHS111 triage into level and type of emergency
3. The SW are now trying to firm up COVID and NonCOVID clinics and how CV testing will be done logistically
4. Establish FIT testing sites to PPE
5. A national email will go out to dentists by end of day with link to volunteer. See pic to follow which is current version. Is quite detailed about various training dates such as hep b status and irmer dates. They want you to answer as best you can.
6. Will also include some guidance on finances and ongoing emergency triage.
Read the response from the Welsh Chief Dental Officer here. Welsh Response COVID-19
If you have any questions or queries, please use the contact form below to get in touch.
We aim to get back to you as soon as we possibly can.